Friday, July 17, 2015

Personal Childhood Web

July 17,2015
 “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do themselves that will make them successful human beings.”- Ann Landers

There are many people that have helped me grow into the person I am today. I would consider my family my biggest supporters. My parents and my three siblings have only showed me unconditional love and support. My mother is simply amazing. While she was pregnant with me she was working full time, completing nursing program, and raising three young boys. She has showed me that you need to work hard for the things you want, they will not come handed to you on a silver platter. I am the definition of daddy's little girl. My father worked full time to put my mother through college while still helping to raise myself and my three brothers. He also helped to put us four kids through college. My father is a man of action. He showed his support by coming to every softball game, marching band competition, indoor guard competition he could make, as well as building and carrying props to and from shows. He is always proud of me as long as he knows I am doing something that I love. My parents were always there to make sure that their children came first. They made sure at least one of them was at the baseball games and the band concerts. When I was able to walk a crossed the stage to receive my bachelor’s degree I thought about where I might have been without them. They have been so much for me, I could never thank them enough. Each of my brothers taught me something different while growing up. My oldest brother, Dwayne, taught me that no matter how bad it seems the love that bonds family is always there. My middle brother, Nick, taught me that it is possible to live on a budget and still have fun. My youngest brother, Zach, taught me to not settle and to explore different opportunities that I might find interesting. Each of my brothers is more unique than the last. They all were my protectors and tormentors growing up. My family continues to be a huge part in my life. As the years have gone by we have added more members to our family though weddings and births. I has been amazing to watch and help my family grow closer together. With all my brother out of the house and myself getting older it is nice to see my parents reconnect with each other on a more personal level. I only wish one day to have a relationship that is a close as theirs.


8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your quote at the beginning of your blog. I agree that it is all about what you teach your children more than what one gives the children. I was taught to love everyone and to work hard for what I want. This has stuck with me and I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    You mother sounds amazing! Raising four children and attending nursing school would be a huge challenge. Sometimes success is more about hard work and perseverance than about smartness or luck.

    You were very fortunate to have had a father who could attend so many functions with you and your siblings. My father was in and out of the hospital with mental illness and could not bring himself to be around large crowds so he missed out on many activities that I and my siblings enjoyed. Even so, I was also "daddy's little girl" and his influence continues to shape my life and who I am today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara! I liked reading your personal web and liked the pictures you choose. It sounds like you had a wonderful time growing up in such a loving family. I love how you said your brothers were your protectors, yet they were your tormentors as well! I guess that is their way of showing their love for you as their sister. I can tell from your post that you have two hard working parents who wanted the best for you! Your mom raising three children, expecting you, working full time, and completing nursing school is astounding! She must be a determined and strong woman.
    Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara,
    Great post about your family and your supporters. The picture of your mom in the hospital holding you with your brothers and father there is wonderful. I too grew up in a family of 3 brothers. I wasn't the youngest like you but the second oldest. I did like your comment about them being your protectors and tormentors because that was exactly the way is was for me with 3 brothers. They used to play pranks on me all the time just to hear me scream and yet they were the first ones to come to my rescue when I needed that. Your mother had to juggle many things and I know as a mother I wonder how we do it all sometimes. What a great support system you had growing up and I am sure you will pass that same kind of support right along one day to your own children. Great Post, I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I removed the second post because somehow it posted twice. Sorry, I am still learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara your family seems wonderful! I enjoyed reading about how your mother was so determined to get through school while raising your brothers and you. Your father seems like the ideal father. He was supportive of your mom and all of his children, which is so important. I love what your brother Dwayne, taught you about the love of family. Family is so important to me and I am hoping that someday soon I will be blessed with a miracle baby (suffering from infertility) to love and nurture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara it is obvious that you love your family and they love and support you. It is awesome how no matter the age of the family member they can encourage you to be better and do better. The closeness that your family shares is awesome. It is amazing how the support of your family has helped you to become an amazing person. Thank you for sharing your web.

    LaRhonda

    ReplyDelete