Thursday, July 2, 2015

Every student can learn...

July2, 2015
"Every student can learn just not on the same day or in the same way."-  George Evans

As a teacher of young children I see the truth in this quote everyday. It is wonderful to see when a child finally has that light bulb moment after working with them. I remember siting in class myself wondering if I was ever going to understand anything my teacher was talking and looking around as everyone was answering questions left and right with no problem. It can be frustrating. I try to make sure I remember those feelings when I am working with children on a lesson.  There are many different resources out there for teachers and parents to help students that may get frustrated while completing an activity. Below is a link to a resource for parents and how they can be helpful with their child's homework.

6 Ways to Help Your Elementary School Student with Homework
By Bekki Lindner
http://www.scholastic.com/parents/blogs/scholastic-parents-learning-toolkit/6-ways-to-help-your-elementary-school-student-homework?cid=PAR/smd/20140427/pinterest/ltblog6waystohelpelementarystudent//PAR/content/12pm

2 comments:

  1. Great quote! I completely agree. I work with preschoolers and not one of those children learns exactly like the other. When I started in the classroom at the end of December, the teacher who was leaving told me that one of the children in my care could not spell, recognize, or write her name. In two months of sitting with the child when the classroom was quiet and children were leaving and making a game out of learning, she was able to read, spell, and write her name. Never say never about a child, we just have to take the time to find what works for him/her. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! We tend to learn something new everyday. Some faster than others. I think we tend to forget that we once were children also so they should pick up new skills fast. Having the opportunity to work with kids, I've learned that no every child will learn the same way or learn at the same speed. It just takes time and the will to never stop believing in that child. I never doubt children. I come across kids who teach me something new almost every encounter.

    ReplyDelete